Sunday, March 18, 2012

Open Door

Working a bar with those running from or fighting for The Landlords as your clientele can be tricky. It was just the other day that a member of the Timberwolves and a Nest tried to duke it out after one too many.

And when a Wanderer comes in, you have to spend a good ten minutes or more trying to get them to leave as they keep asking for their "daughter" again and again.

It's like a broken record.

And believe me, I know.

I've been trying to get the speaker system fixed for months.

The Campers are my least favourite customers, they bring their own drinks in. I'd complain but I don't really fancy bringing The Landlords down on my establishment.

But I get by, I make ends meet. Mostly all they want is a good drink and to forget about their troubles, unless you get people with a personal grudge against each other. They tend to let bygones be bygones as soon as they step into my doors.

But sometimes, they come by and they just want to talk a bit. Lighten the load.

Sometimes they have stories and secrets to share.

Because as we all know, whatever The Bartender hears, is confidential....isn't it?

I see a lot of strange things as a bartender, and I see a lot of strange things at The Swooning Shadow.

So I see a lot of strange things as a bartender at The Swooning Shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment